Sunday, November 28, 2010

Deserving?

"Gratitude is the intention to count-your-blessings every day, every minute, while avoiding, whenever possible, the belief that you need or deserve different circumstances."
~ Timothy Miller

Every morning, in my inbox, I receive a little email from gratefulness.org. This was today's message and it was spot-on for my attitude when I rolled out of bed. I was feeling a little sorry for myself when I got up.

Chief among my issues is that I'm a terrible home-body. There are few places that I would rather be that in at home. Even when other things look like fun I would still rather stay home and do things I love in a place that I love. So, when a whole list of things is shouting orders at me and telling me what to do, I get a little testy.

It's the last day of my four day weekend and there is a long list of things that need to be done today that don't sound like a whole lot of fun. Vacuuming the house, grocery shopping, going to church, going to work with R. this afternoon. (You know what I'm talking about. You've got a list too.) And just about everything on this list makes me go somewhere. (I know. I know. Woe is me. . .)

And then I checked my email. And I read this quote. And I realized I don't deserve anything different.

And I'm working on it.

No comments: