Friday, September 24, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Week in Review

The Good

:: We started the first week of our new small group meetings for church. Such interesting, funny, diverse people! Loved it.

:: Fall is here! At least in theory. It's been so hot this week you really couldn't tell!

The Bad

:: I'm struggling to get my sea-legs with this new job and schedule. I've taken almost no pictures this week and done very little writing.

:: I've had several bad dreams this week - all of them having to do with death - my own. Yucky.

:: Yesterday, while in the "lunch room" at work I was eating and reading. I had the door closed but my boss came in and started talking work. I just wanted to take a break and eat in peace but he kept going. He said something about my being behind. I said that a lot of things were out for proof and that there wasn't all that much in my in-basket.

{direct quote here} "Well, we must be turning work away at the door then. There's no way you're caught up."

{my thoughts, which I did NOT say out loud} "If you're turning work away at the door because of me, then why did you hire Wonder Boy part time, and pay him TWICE what you're paying me??? Can't Wonder Boy get you caught up?"

{what I actually did - packed up my lunch after only about 12 minutes of break and went back to work; trying not to cry}

The Ugly

:: Delilah has learned to lick the dishes in the dishwasher. Remember how this turned out for Oliver? He still won't go near the dishwasher when it's open. . .


And, yes. I'm trying to distract us all with cute dog pictures.

Next week will be better. . . won't it?

2 comments:

Frank Wilson said...

NOTICE:

There will be a boss's meeting at 9:30 on Monday morning.

For all the bosses reading this notice, that's when the little hand is on the nine and the big hand is on the six.

Tanya said...

Thanks Frank. That made me smile on a day when I desperately needed to!