Friday, January 29, 2010

P.A.

What if there was an organization called Preachaholic's Anonymous?

Would it have a 12 step program?

"I admit that I'm powerless over preaching. . .I'm entirely ready to have God remove this (apparent) defect of my character. . ."

Would the support group meetings be full of so many people who are so used to hearing the sound of their own hot air that nobody could get a word in edgewise?

Would every meeting be five hours long because everyone in the room would feel the need to "share?"

I'm pretty certain there would be no deficit of "leadership."

Would this group still call on a higher power?

Would they drink lots of Diet Coke and smoke so many cigarettes the air turned blue?

Would there be a potluck after every meeting?

Hi. My name is Tanya and I'm a preachaholic. I quit three years ago but I recently relapsed when asked to fill in for a funeral. . .Starting over is such a bitch. . .

==============================================

** I mean no disrespect to the AA community by this post. I'd be the first to sign up for this group – if only it existed. . .

No comments: