Tuesday, December 05, 2006

100 Things About Me • Part 1

In reading other blogs I keep running across these things with the same theme. I’m sure you will be quite fascinated. . .

1. I used collect metal lunch boxes from the 1970’s. I probably have 60 or so with the most valuable being the Disney School bus. Currently they are languishing under the eaves in the attic as I have nowhere to display them.

2. I grew up in Georgetown, Kentucky surrounded by horse farms. I loved the house we lived in until 8th grade. There was lots of room to be a kid.

3. When I’m tired my Southern accent comes back.

4. When I was in 7th grade my dad quit his job to become a preacher and start a church. He was 33.

5. When I was 38 I didn’t have a job. Through a lot of orchestration – by God I hope! – I became a preacher and started a church.

6. My dad has never heard me preach.

7. I hate professional basketball.

8. I have more than 100 cookbooks. My favorite is Marcia Adams’ “Cooking from Quilt County.”

9. I played the clarinet and was pretty good at it.

10. I played the piano and was pretty bad at it.

11. There were four teachers that made a lasting impact on my life – first, fourth, 7th grade social studies and high school band. A couple of them I still wonder about.

12. I learned to read quite early. The first book I ever memorized was “Me Too.”

13. I get sad when I see people eating alone.

14. The 1974 song “Singin’ in the Kitchen” by Bobby Bare makes me cry.


15. I’ve been baptized three times. I kept waiting for it to “take.”

16. I have experienced unconditional love – my paternal grandmother and my maternal grandfather. Their laughter and generosity still teach me what it means to live fully.

17. When I was 11 I read “Gone with the Wind” six times. In a row.

18. I got to name our outside dog when I was a kid. I sat under my dad’s desk at work thinking about the perfect name for a black dog with a white stripe down her front chest. I couldn’t think of one until I found a penny under the heat register. Penny it was. She lived a long, long time.

19. My all-time favorite movie is “Shawshank Redemption.”

20. I love maps of the world.

21. I’ve never seen “The Wizard of Oz” and I don’t really care to.

22. I recently saw “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” and I wish I had those two hours of my life back!

23. If I were a character from Winnie the Pooh I would be Christopher Robin.

24. If I had a daughter I would name her Lilly.

25. My bellybutton is an “innie.”

1 comment:

Dunyazade said...

My belly button is a innie too, lol.