Saturday, May 21, 2011

If The World Ends Today

If the world ends today. . .

I will be sitting on my front stoop, sipping coffee and watching the sun peek over the back fence.

I will be examining my flower beds for glimpses of bright color among the green fronds and emerald blades of foliage.

I will be making breakfast and putting a load of towels in the washer.

I will make a half-hearted attempt to do some cleaning but secretly I will be wishing I could take my book into the sun and disappear into words for awhile.

I will be taking dogs for walks at the park and meeting a friend while we all raise money for cancer research.

I will be firing up the grill and adding something good to the symphony of scents floating from grills all up and down our street.

I will be cracking open a microbrew after watching Ali mow the lawn.

I will be singing in the kitchen and looking forward to a softball game tomorrow.

I will be getting a full night's sleep and anticipating coffee on the front stoop tomorrow morning.

I will not be counting on the rapture. I will not be fearful of hell.

And I would not change a thing about today, tomorrow or yesterday.

No comments: