Sunday, March 13, 2011

Things I Didn't Do This Weekend

{my surprise birthday cake! see the heart in the candles??}

:: I did not stress that I haven't posted anything since Thursday. I haven't taken any pictures either. Just needed a little break I guess.

:: I didn't act shocked when I came home from Arlington this evening and Ali had made me a birthday cake. From scratch. With candles. She likes to believe she can't cook, but she's learning! It was a really nice surprise to come home to!

:: I didn't drink any wine. Even though one of my closest and oldest friends brought me four bottles that she chose just for me. I have a terrible cold and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to taste it very well. Thanks Nancy! Seeing you was the best gift ever!

:: I didn't mop my kitchen floor before Nancy arrived yesterday. Even though it was full of doggy tracks all over the place.

:: I didn't color my hair. My grey roots are showing but that's just life.

:: I didn't mind losing an hour of sleep on Saturday night. I can't really describe how much I delight in an extra hour of light in the evenings.

:: I didn't beat Delilah senseless. Even though she needs it.

:: I didn't cry when we learned that my beloved Kentucky Wildcats are in the same region/bracket as Ali's beloved Ohio State Buckeyes. Please dear Lord, don't let them play each other. . . let Ohio State lose first. . .

:: I didn't lose any weight at this week's weigh-in. I was very disappointed. I was so sure I was going to hit the -10 mark. Maybe next week. . .but I kinda doubt it with it being my birthday and all. . .

it was a really good weekend full of things i didn't do. hope yours was too.

1 comment:

Ami said...

Happy Birthday!

I have a huge list of things I didn't do this weekend.