Friday, January 21, 2011

A Tiny Blessing


Timing is everything. So is persistence.

This little fellow landed on our car as we were heading home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. We only stopped for a moment and I looked up to see him sitting on the driver's mirror, looking through the glass at me, as though expecting to carry on a small conversation. He watched me fumble in the backseat for the camera, blinking his tiny button eyes slowly and watching my every move.

Before I could get the camera focused he was gone. We thought.

Seconds later he landed on the passenger's mirror and looked at Ali intently. I shot a few pictures. Sticking the key in the ignition, Ali rolled down her window. He never broke the gaze her was holding with her.

Then, in an instant, he was gone.

And it felt like a tiny little bird blessing on a very special day.

No comments: