Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Catastrophe

My freezer is behaving as though it has an identity crisis. It believes it's a refrigerator. Until sometime this weekend, my garage sale freezer has been a gem. A workhorse. A blue-collar hired hand that you never worried wouldn't show up. Sure, it's old. But I'm certainly not one to discriminate.

I'm no repair expert but, not having the coin to call one and no dinero to buy a new freezer, I took to the internets and did myself some searching. I plugged in my problem and after some reading, got out my tools and did some disassemblage. . .

Here's what I found.


Acmehowto.com instructed me to let it defrost. The problem is that acmehowto.com did not tell me what to do next. . .

I did some more research and found a very disturbing fact. Sears manufactured the Coldspot (Model 2530) for quite some time. It was in fact, one of the best selling models of upright freezers in the world. The disturbance? They stopped making it in 1976. . .and for those of you who are good at math, you are indeed correct.

My freezer is older than my girlfriend. . .

No comments: