Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Truth Is. . .

Just a few tidbits of truth to share on a Sunday night –

:: It's not that I don't think about blogging; it's not that I don't write blog posts in my head nearly every day. I just haven't felt like actually making myself write them.

The truth is, I will try to do better this week.

:: We had an most excellent weekend. A long time ago Ali made up a funny little word that is loosely translated to mean "life is good." Her word is tu-da-dae.

The truth is, it's been a tu-da-dae weekend.

:: I found Izzy in the oven this afternoon.

The truth is, I had to restrain myself from shutting the door and turning it on. Not tu-da-dae. . .

:: Yesterday we went to a local tattoo parlor and got that little piece of cartilage in the front of the ear pierced. (It's called the tragus but without explanation it kind of sounds like something dirty!) I went in there wearing a grey turtleneck with a beautiful red silk scarf from India. I'm sure I'm not among their usual piercing demographic.

The truth is, I love not being the usual demographic for anything.

:: We made Christmas cut out cookies this weekend. We made six colors of royal icing, turned the kitchen into a disaster zone and got in a fight because I get impatient with fiddly cooking tasks – all before Ali finally turned out cookies that Martha Stewart would be proud of. . .in spite of me.

The truth is, I love that she pushes me to be a better, more patient person, even when I have a fountain of white royal icing running down my leg. . .


Tu-da-dae. . .


3 comments:

Nancy Pike said...

Tanya-----
It makes me cringe to look at your ear, much less think about how it hurt to have it done. You both are tough broads. That should be a not usual statement about you all!
The cookies on the other had are lovely. Thank you Ali.
We hope you have a great holiday.
Nancy

Tanya said...

Nancy - It actually didn't hurt very much! The guy who did the piercing (who was very cool, 23, hippyish, with dreadlocks) said that women barely flinch but men think it's killing them! So, there you have it - proof that all broads are tougher! =)

Marie said...

I was just going to ask how much it hurt! I love being "not the usual demographic" too. I so get that. I want to get that part of my ear pierced, my nose, and a new tattoo. Cause, you know, I want to be a priest someday.