Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Status Updates


I really have started enjoying Facebook this year. I have found friends from first grade, the boy who gave me my first kiss and a way to keep up with people who were so formational for me in college. I found a friend who I used to ride the bus with when I was a freshman and he was a junior. We became really good friends and I have thought of him often - especially whenever I saw an old, junky car with a terrible paint job. For the life of me I couldn't remember what we called his car. When I found him on Facebook the very first thing he asked me was if I remembered "Old Paint!" It was such a relief to finally remember the name of that old car. . .turns out he totaled it the year I moved to Ohio.

If you choose, you can write a tiny little snippet of your life as often as you want. The little box at the top of the page simply asks, "What's on your mind?" When you set your status, everyone gets a glimpse into your life.

The collage above is a little visual representation of my status updates in 2009. They were chosen randomly by the application and put together in no particular order. It made me smile to read little scraps and impressions of 2009.

I like status updates. I like reading the ones from the past year and I'm looking forward to more optimistic snapshots in the year to come!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

No comments: