Thursday, November 12, 2009

This Week's Sign That The Apocalypse Is Upon Us

Isn't it enough that stores are full of Christmas trees? Or that a local radio station starts every hour with three Christmas carols? Or that I saw Santa Claus hawking pizza on the sidewalk yesterday?

Apparently not. This Week's Sign That The Apocalypse Is Upon Us is really more of a sound. Since I don't have a recording, you'll have to settle for a description.

Emanating from our shower this morning was a full voiced, operatic version of O Holy Night. It was complete with the screeching ending – you know the one – "o niiiiiiiiiiight. . .(wait for it). . .DEE-VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE. . .O night. . .O night divine. . ."

There was a moment of silence in which I could only hear the water running. Suddenly the silence was punctuated with giggles. Apparently she amused herself.

And I couldn't help but smile.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Ohhhh NOOOOOO! Way to early for Christmas Songs. But I was wondering why Tink was trying to get me up so early this morning, he must have heard her too. But as long as she was enjoying herself.