Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fits and Starts

For the last three years or so my life has seemed to move forward in fits and starts. I've wandered for awhile. I needed to do that. I've thought and prayed – a lot. I've searched. And dreamed.

I know that the thing I miss most is the camaraderie of community and the stimulation of differing thoughts and opinions. I miss the growth spurred by questions and varied viewpoints. I've looked but I can't find anything that meets my needs – so it's time to create it with the help of anyone who wants the same things.

I'm finally ready. Consider this your personal invitation. Let's find our voices again, together.

Who: You and anyone you care to bring with you

What: Bible Study

When: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 • 7:00 p.m.

Where: My house

What to Bring: your Bible, your laptop computer (if you have wireless capability), a notebook and a writing implement

Leave a comment here, email me or text me to let me know you're coming.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And then go and do that thing.
Because what the world needs, right now, is people who have fully come alive. "

– Harold Thurman (American author, philosopher, theologian, educator and civil rights leader. He was Dean of Theology and the chapels at Howard University and Boston University for more than two decades, wrote 20 books, and in 1944 helped found the first racially integrated, multicultural church in the United States)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for you! Wish I could be there.

random thougths said...

you're officially in my calendar! I am so proud of you... 'feel the fear and do it anyway'...let me know if there's anything else I can bring.

Tanya said...

Lmao! Haven't I heard that quote somewhere before???

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to there, and looking forward to it. Mike