Friday, October 16, 2009

The Joys of Getting Old

You know you're getting old when you go to the doctor with what you think is a little cold with a side order of low back pain and leave the office with three prescriptions and a doctor's excuse for two days off work.

On Sunday I had a little sore throat. On Monday it morphed into a cough. Tuesday added some back pain. By Thursday I couldn't walk so I thought it might be prudent to go see a professional.

Seems I've coughed myself into the bliss of back spasms.

viral bronchitis - check
Tessalon - 200mg for cough - check
Tramadol - 50 mg for back pain - check
Flexeril - 10 mg as a muscle relaxant - check

two days off work - hold up one second on this one - employer doesn't pay for sick days. . .

Guess the best I can hope for is that a combination of Tramadol and Flexeril will ensure that I don't care that I'm at work while I sit here and try to stay awake. Now I just have to wonder how I'm going to drive myself home.

I just love getting old.

No comments: