Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birthday Exchange

After cleaning the warehouse every day I stop on my way out of the facility to clean the guard shack. The guard during the week is a really nice young guy. He's friendly, funny and easy to talk with. He's a college student and tells me about his classes, his friends and some of the things he struggles with.

Yesterday was his birthday and it led to this exchange:

Me: Happy Birthday! How old are you now? 22?

Josh: Yep! Thanks!

Me: I don't think I would want to go back to 22. 32? Maybe! But 22 was too hard.

Josh: You can't be much older than 32! How old are you?

Me: Umm. . . I'm 44.

Josh: No way! I would have never guessed anything even close to that! You don't look 44!

Me: (laughing) Thanks!

I was feeling pretty good until I ducked into the bathroom to grab a broom and heard him say, "Wow! 44. You're even older than my mom!"

Sticking my head out of the bathroom door I glared at him.

Josh: Shit! I'm sorry! I just ruined that compliment didn't I?

Yeah. . .you did, you little brat!

1 comment:

random thougths said...

If it makes you feel better, I'll always be older than you...lol. I hear stuff like that too. Working with new kids in the factory, I heard...WOW, you were working here BEFORE I was born...LOL