Thursday, September 17, 2009

Do I Look Like Your Mother??

Another Izzy story. . .

She has this behavior that I found puzzling at first. Mornings are the closest that this cat comes to being loving – and even then the word loving or cuddly is a stretch. It's more like her idea of being tender is to use her claws to climb up your leg and then stand on your lap, bitching at the top of her lungs. Whatever works I guess. I've had a cats before and they aren't the most interactively devoted animals.

Lately, her morning routine has begun to include stretching out on my lap on her side. She takes the bottom of my shirt, near the waist and licks it until there's a huge, drippy spot. All the while she just lays there and purrs like she's the most contented animal in the world. I think it's kind of disgusting but I get to read my email in peace. Besides that, I reassured myself by thinking that as long as she's not using my leg as a climbing post it's fine by me.

And then it dawned on me what she's doing.

She's looking for a boob.

And then an even more horrifying thought began to occur. If something doesn't give soon she's gonna be able to find a boob down there near my waist. . .

I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

random thougths said...

if she finds what she is looking for at your waist, SOMETHING already gave...lol. Just think of Jake when she does these things. You described him at that tender age... Now he's 15,KNOWS what he wants and I am supposed to supply...NOW...lol. He has always been vocal.