Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Something Just Isn't Right

I woke up this morning kind of off kilter. I just felt out of balance somehow. My left ankle still hurts from yesterday's adventure. My shins are very sore too. I think that's from trying to keep cloggy, non-running type shoes on my feet while trotting around the neighborhood. The only good news is that my left butt cheek feels fine.

I didn't sleep very well. I woke up a lot - mostly arguing with myself about whether or not I was going to the Y this morning. At about 2:15 I decided that the answer was no and turned off the alarm. I would give myself a day for my shins to settle down.

Somehow Sammy knew. He started crying from his crate at 4:45 on the mark.

I went to the Y.

Something still felt out of order.

Instead of the elliptical I did the recumbent bike thinking it might be better on my ankle and shins. That felt wrong too. I could only manage 25 minutes. I was supposed to lift weights today. I went home instead.

As I stood in my kitchen, waiting impatiently for the coffee to finish brewing, it hit me. The planets weren't out of alignment. Mercury does happen to be in retrograde, but I'm not sure I believe in all that stuff. My epiphany occurred while standing the middle of the kitchen.

My pants were on backwards. . .

Yeah. Seriously.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... we get a picture of your butt with a strained cheek muscle but not pants on backwards???? I feel gypped.

Tanya said...

If only I'd had my camera handy. . .

Anonymous said...

lol... thanks for the laugh this morning. I'm feeling a bit out of sorts today too... I woke up 45 minutes late. Your blog put a smile on my face and I realized being late isn't as bad as wearing your pants backwards out in public!

Tanya said...

Always glad to be of assistance! =)

random thougths said...

THought 'gentleness' was the word you were planing to treat yourself to this year... hasn't happened much the past couple of days...LOL. too bad when even your pants are rubbing you wrong!!lol...again, no pics? i really needed the visual...thnx