Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Payday

Friday was payday.

I work in a satellite location about a half hour away from the rest of the employees so most of the time I work alone. I go to Findlay a couple of times a week to our main location to drop of jobs and pick up completed ones. Every other Friday I go there to pick up my paycheck.

When I got there Friday everyone had a check but me.

I didn't really panic. I went to find my boss. He didn't know anything. He called his wife. She just forgot me. No biggie really. They said they would drop it off later. That was fine with me.

When Randy and Teresa stopped by that evening Teresa apologized and handed me my check. Sammy was barking and jumping up so I took it and thanked her, not realizing there was an extra envelope included. After she left I opened it up and there was a gift card and a note that said, "Maybe this can help you with #10 on your list." Along with the gift card was a class schedule for the local bead shop!


Ali, who had taken Sammy out to the backyard, heard me laughing and wanted to know what was going on. When I explained that obviously my boss reads this blog her eyes got real wide and then she started to laugh right along with me!

I don't write a lot about work. I enjoy what I do and I don't take much of my identity from how I make money. (That's probably a good thing since a lot of my money comes from swabbing nasty toilets!) But, I do respect the people who hire me and trust me to do what they need to have done. I appreciate the confidence and respect that they give me and I try to never do things to erode that trust.

What I really want to say is thank you.

Teresa, I will use the gift card to cross off number ten. Maybe I'll even pick a class that meets during the day and cross off number 19 as well! (You're laughing. . .right?!?)

1 comment:

Marie said...

What a lovely gift. And how cool to know that she reads you.